1. Before stretching the strap, you should always inspect the underside of the strap for a joining line. Occasionally, a joining line will be present and is indicated by a faint line through the underside of the strap. While the strap is very strong, if you stretch the strap directly on a joining line, it can break easily, so never stretch the strap directly on a joining line!
- You should also never stretch the strap directly where it joins onto the outside and inside of the base as this will cause it to tear away from the base.
a) NEVER stretch at the strap insertions to the base!
b) NEVER stretch directly on a joining line!
2. To stretch the strap, simply hold the strap between your fingers and in small little increments stretch each section of the strap where it feels too tight. You can do the same for the toe pole if this feels too tight.
3. Continue to do this, trying the flip flops on and off, stretching the strap and toe pole until it has reached your desired level of tightness.
4. It is important to note, that while the straps are very elastic, once stretched, the strap will not return to its original tightness, so please be careful not to overdo the stretching!